Wednesday 10 June 2009

Angels and Demons vs The Da Vinci Code

I am torn between going to see Angels and Demons at the cinema or staying in until it comes out on DVD and get it via Love Film. I was discussing this with Alec, my brother last night. He isn’t that thrilled with the trailer for Angels and Demons.

I enjoyed some of The Da Vinci Code, until it got all weird at the end and the nice everyone loves everyone finale spoilt the whole thing. Iam scared the same phenomena might happen again i.e. me and my cheesy nachos seating comfortably in the cinema chair awaiting for another scary thrill from the Vatican City and get only a mere “boo”.

The reasoning behind my fear is: director is the same (Ron Howard), one of the screenwriters is the same (Akiva Goldsman) and main act is the same (Tom Hanks). Now there is a good thing when a team that works good together come back and work on another project, however when the first project was wishy washy then how’s the next project going to be?

Occasionally in an attempt to make sequels better or at least at the same standards as the originals, Hollywood directors take brave steps and introduce a lot of either explosions and more “thrill” action or they overcomplicate the scripts thus making them less credible. I wonder which is the path Ron Howard takes this film… I’m betting on the latter.

So will it be a The Da Vinci Code



or will it be the Angels and Demons.



Well there is only one answer to this. I guess I’ll have to go and see the movie and make an informed opinion :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search